Everyone enjoys the chance to say, “That was my good deed for the day,” so here are a few choices to help those in need in Haiti. Your wallet may feel a little lighter, but so will your soul.
- There will be a “Hair for Haiti Cut-athon” at Salon Urbanity, located across from Sawyer Point at 900 B Adams Crossing from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. With a $20 donation, you can receive haircuts, manicures, waxing and much more. All proceeds will go toward the American Red Cross. For more information, call 513-651-9889.
- Restaurants Boca, located at 3200 Madison Road in Oakley, and Nada, 600 Walnut St. Downtown, will be selling T-shirts that say, “I am Haiti Too” for $25.restavekfreedom.org.
- Collections will be taken at the Hindu Temple of Greater Cincinnati, 4920 Klatte Road, through Feb. 21. All donations will be collected for the American Red Cross. For hours and more information visit, cincinnatitemple.com or call 513-528-3714.
- Matthew 25 Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, is also currently accepting cash donations and other disaster relief supplies, so is Habitat for Humanity. www.m25m.org.
- The 20th Century Theatre will be hosting a “Help for Haiti” benefit concert from 6 to 11 p.m. Sunday. The lineup includes Bi-Okoto Drum & Dance, Kathy Wade, Robin Lacy & DeZydeco, Leroy Ellington & the E-Funk Band, and many more. The event will also by hosted and emceed by Mark Rogers. There is a $10 minimum donation, but $20 is preferred. All donations go toward the Red Cross. 20th Century Theatre is located at 3021 Madison Road in Oakley. For more information, call 513-731-8000 or visit the20thcenturytheatre.com.