2) Before selling it off to CityBeat in 2008, MidPoint was founded and operated by local musicians Sean Rhiney and Bill Donabedian. Name the two bands the musicians were most associated with at the time of the festival’s first year.
3) MidPoint’s current, masterful manager is Dan McCabe, a veteran local
musician and longtime booking agent. Name the club at which McCabe first
showcased his magical booking touch and the MPMF venue where he
currently works that same magic year-round.
4) CityBeat is fond of putting musicians on the cover of its various
MPMF issues and guides. Which local musician’s head was on the cover of
CityBeat’s official MidPoint Guide issue in 2011 and with what band does
5) Can you name MidPoint’s official mascot, that crazy dude with a top
hat and giant mustache branded on much of MPMF’s merch and propaganda?
6) One of MidPoint’s originators founded a separate big music festival that debuted this year.
7) Which of the following has never been an official MidPoint venue:
a) BarrelHouse Brewing Company
b) The Overflow
c) Southgate House
d) Sung Korean Bistro
e) Madison Theater
f) Taqueria Mercado
8) MidPoint has flirted with the “Secret Show” concept the past few years (though not this year), showcasing a band not on the initial calendar as a special treat (or trick) for fans. Name the “Secret Show” band in 2010 and the one from 2008.
9) Name the only MidPoint Music Festival venue in 11 years to bail on the festival after it had already begun.
10) Every year, Brian Baker is CityBeat’s editorial MidPoint MVP,
crafting about half of the write-ups for our official MPMF guide and
blogging his brains out during every MPMF. Name the classic artist most
referenced — by far — in Brian’s preview blurbs and the rewards he
writes about questing for each year in his MPMF blogs.
Answer Key (no cheating!): 1) The Fairmount Girls; 2) Clabbergirl (Rhiney) and Crosley (Donabedian); 3) Sudsy Malone’s, MOTR Pub; 4) Mike Ingram, The Seedy Seeds; 5) Monty; 6) Bunbury Music Festival; 7) d; 8) Spacehog (2010) and Radio 4 (2008); 9) Cadillac Ranch; 10) Brian Eno and beer.