The Digital Bookmobile National Tour is coming to town Friday (Aug. 3) to promote the reading of ebooks and audiobooks, often on mobile devices, by using copies at local libraries and schools. The Bookmobile will be at the Green Township branch of the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, 6525 Bridgetown Rd., from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
This high-tech update of the traditional bookmobile will offer these features to visitors, according to a press release:
• The Digital Bookmobile presents readers of all ages with an interactive experience exploring the digital services available at public libraries in Cincinnati.
• Equipped with interactive workstations, touchscreen activities, devices to sample titles and more, the Digital Bookmobile has everything a reader needs get started browsing the library’s digital catalog of ebooks and audiobooks.
• Library’s staff and eReading experts will be available on the Digital Bookmobile to guide visitors through the easy process.
• Interactive learning stations feature video tutorials that introduce readers to the seamless process of browsing and borrowing digital books.
• The Gadget Gallery is filled with popular devices, including iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phones and tablets, Chromebook™ and Kindle®, for visitors to browse the library’s digital service.
•Tours are free and open to the community. View full schedule at www.digitalbookmobile.com.
• Readers with a valid library card can borrow their favorite titles 24/7 by visiting https://cincinnatilibrary.overdrive.com or by downloading OverDrive's newest reading app,
The digital bookmobile is sponsored by Rakuten Overdrive, a Cleveland-based company that provides ebooks, audiobooks and streaming videos for public and corporate libraries and schools, and offers digital distribution services for publishers.