The Cincinnati Fringe Festival enters its 16th iteration on Friday, May 31 and runs through June 15. Cincy Fringe hosts a wide range of new and established local, national and international productions in a dozen venues across Over-the-Rhine, including onstage at Fringe producer Know Theatre, as well as The Mini Microcinema, Art Academy of Cincinnati, OTR Community Church and Gabriel’s Corner. (If you want to read more about the shows, read critic Jackie Mulay's guide here.)
With 34 shows in this year's lineup — not to mention the fest's other elements — Fringe can be a lot to take in, especially for newcomers. That's where CityBeat's team of reviewers come in. We're reviewing early-run performances of shows within the primary lineup and will post them on our Fringe Festival Coverage hub here.
- Critic's Pick: Dave Maher Coma Show
- Critic's Pick: 90 Lies an Hour
- Critic's Pick: Let's Prank Call Each Other
- Critic's Pick: My Geriatric Uterus
- Critic's Pick: Dandy Darkly's All Aboard
- Critic's Pick: Walking While Black in Moscow
- Critic's Pick: Kumferted
- Critic's Pick: Descent: A Murder Ballad
- Critic's Pick: The Origins of My Magic
- Critic's Pick: Body Language
- Critic's Pick: This House Will Never Let Us Go
- Critic's Pick: Zoinks!
- Critic's Pick: seXmas Cards
- Critic's Pick: Live Nukes!
- Between 3 and 5
- Kill You With My Love
- Puppets Should Speak
- Marriage: A Work In Progress
- Borderline A**hole
- SUFFER Fools
- The Vicious Hillbilly or Dating in the Deep South
- The Devil on the Wall or, That Time I Got Kidnapped
- The MILF Also Rises
- Nellie Bly: A Menace to Propriety
- Diagnose This! Tales of a Medical Actor
- The Consciousness
- Stow Your Baggage
- the Vegetables!
- Nightmare Fuel
- Meatball Séance
- Child of Friday
- Tales From the Cuckoo Club
Check this page often for the latest reviews, and click on over to cincyfringe.com for ticket information.