The 2020 Cincinnati Fringe Festival will be “an all-digital, totally online, 100% at-a-safe-distance, for 2020-only” affair from May 29-June 13.
Performances will be available via online streaming, accessible by anyone with a computer, tablet, smartphone or smart TV. Tickets will still be required to view shows. All-access passes cost $200 and cover all performances; individual show tickets can be purchased for $11 a piece. If you can show additional support for performers, you can also buy a “Love Your Artist” ticket for $16 per show. All profits will be shared 50/50 with performers.
In a release announcing the primary Fringe lineup, the fest said, "Ardent Fringe-hounds may notice that some of the titles in this year’s primary lineup sound a little familiar. This year, amongst the usual crop of brand-new works, we’re offering Fringe Flashbacks, a curated selection of favorite productions from seasons past. Frequent-Fringers can revisit these cherished favorites — or, perhaps, finally catch that one show they regret missing."
CityBeat's team of critics will be reviewing the new additions to the fest's 20-show primary lineup and we will be posting them on our Fringe Festival Coverage hub here. We will also be posting original reviews of Fringe Flashbacks from the year's they were performed live.
- Critic's Pick: m-o-u-s-e
- Critic's Pick: Paul & Erika's House Show
- Critic's Pick: Forbidden City!
- Critic's Pick: Quit While You're Ahead
- Critic's Pick: Opinions of Men: A Stupid History of the Protestant Reformation
- Critic's Pick: Proximity
- Review: Desperately Seeking the Exit
- Review: Love & Other Lures
- Review: Dreary, Dearie
- Review: Killjoy, Ohio
- Review: The Bassoonist
- Review: Colony
- Review: Hive Mind
- Review: Dream&
- Fringe Flashback (2013): Petunia and Chicken
- Fringe Flashback (2013): Butcher Holler Here We Come
- Fringe Flashback (2016): The Unrepentant Necrophile
- Fringe Flashback (2017): Lady Macbeth and Her Pal, Megan
- Fringe Flashback (2019): Knifeslingin'
- Fringe Flashback (2019): Stow Your Baggage