According to WalletHub, Cincinnati is the fourth best city in America in which to celebrate Easter — and it's not just because we have a lot of churches.
OK. It's partially because we have a lot of churches.
The study tried to figure out which place promises the most "egg-citing" time on April 21 (aka Easter, you heathen) and compared 12 key metrics across the top 100 largest cities in America ranging from eggs hunts and brunch spots to candy shops and Christians.
The top five best places to celebrate went to:
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Saint Louis
Here's how we fared in the metrics (with 1 being the best and 50 being average):
- No. 3 - Churches per capita
- No. 52 - Percent of Christian population
- No. 24 - Brunch restaurants per capita
- No. 10 - Candy and chocolate stores per capita
- No. 17 - Flower and gift shops per capita
- No. 15 - Easter egg hunt events per capita
- No. 31 - Easter weather forecast
- No. 42 - Share of children ages 9 and younger
The Queen City has plenty to do for all who want to celebrate Easter. Check out a local brunch or take the kids to an Easter egg hunt. According to WalletHub, you are in one of the perfect cities for everything Easter.