According to WalletHub (a credit report site that seems to spend a lot of time ranking things), Ohio is the seventh best state in America for singles. And with about 45 percent of adults in America looking for love, seems like if you're single, you're living in the right place.
"Besides your looks, personality, interests and employment status, your location can influence your odds of finding a romantic partner. Everyone has different priorities when searching for love, but certain places simply make dating easier than others," says the study.
In order to find their rankings, the site figured metrics for "dating economics," "dating opportunities" and "romance and fun" and rated each on a 100 point scale.
Here are Ohio's overall rankings:
- 17th – Percentage of Single Adults
- 3rd – Gender Balance of Singles
- 30th – Online-Dating Opportunities
- 21st – Median Annual Household Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 14th – Restaurants per Capita
- 9th – Movie Theaters per Capita
- 20th – Crime Rate
Here are the top 20 best states for singles: