Looking for a way to cool down as temperatures rise?
As lifeguard shortages continue, Cincinnati Recreation Commission will only open about half of the city’s pools by mid-June. The 3CDC-managed Ziegler Park pool opened earlier in May but now requires weekend reservations to limit overcrowding. The city will open three more pools for Memorial Day Weekend on Saturday, May 27:
- Dunham Otto Armleder Pool (4356 Dunham Lane, Westwood)
- McKie Pool (1655 Chase Ave., Northside)
- Oakley Pool (3900 Paxton Ave., Oakley)
Another seven pools will open Monday, June 5, and three more on June 12:
- Dickman Pool (6720 Home City Ave., Sayler Park)
- Evanston Pool (3204 Woodburn Ave., Evanston)
- Hirsch Otto Armleder Pool (3630 Reading Road, Avondale)
- Lincoln Pool (1027 Linn St., West End)
- Mt. Washington Pool (1715 Beacon St., Mt. Washington)
- Pleasant Ridge Pool (95915 Ridge Ave., Pleasant Ridge)
- Ryan Pool (3324 Meyer Place, Westwood)
- Bond Hill Pool (1580 Yarmouth Ave., Bond Hill)
- Dempsey Pool (933 Hawthorne Ave., East Price Hill)
- Madisonville Pool (5312 Stewart Ave., Madisonville)
More pools could open later this summer if CRC is able to hire more lifeguards. Their next training class begins Tuesday, May 30, at Pleasant Ridge Pool, and new training courses will start each Monday throughout June at Mt. Auburn Pool (2034 Young St., Mt. Auburn).
You can sign up for those training courses here.
Pool memberships are now on sale on the CRC website. Season passes run $30 for youths up to 17 years old and for those 60 and older (CRC calls this age group "mature adults"), while adult memberships (ages 18-59) are $45. Daily passes are available for $2 for youths, $3 for mature adults and $5 for adults. Family memberships are available for $120 and are good for three to six members of the same household.
Memberships are good for 12 months and get you access to all CRC public pools, except Dunham. Season passes to that pool are $60 for youths and mature adults and $75 for adults, and will also grant access to any other CRC pool, or you can get a family membership to all 24 pools, including Dunham, for $180.
The city also operates nine free spraygrounds — including at the McKie, Oakley and Pleasant Ridge pools — which are open Memorial Day to Labor Day.
For more information on Cincinnati's public pools and to buy a membership, visit the CRC website at cincinnati-oh.gov/recreation.
Follow us: Google News | NewsBreak | Reddit | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter