FC Cincinnati futbol fever is high in the Queen City after the team beat Nashville during Saturday's (Oct. 20) Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. In case you missed it, FCC pulled out a win — 6-5 — via a penalty kick after 120-minutes of extended play. It was pretty cool. The teams played a 1-1 draw after extra time in front of 20,127 fans at UC's Nippert Stadium. You can read more about the game here.
FC Cincinnati is moving up in the world and joining Major League Soccer next year — its West End stadium is slated to break ground Dec. 19 — which means MLS licensing rules apply to FCC merch. After a forthcoming MLS image rebrand, the team is partnering with Adidas as its official merchandise supplier. So that means all the cool local FCC stuff is on sale right now.
Here are some local purveyors with discounted team merch:
- Homage (1231 Vine St., Over-the-Rhine) has FCC gear for him, hear and baby for 30 percent off for a limited time.
- Rivertown Inkery (3096 Madison Road, Oakley) has stuff for half-off.
- Rally House (261 Calhoun St., Clifton) has stuff for him, her, baby and accessories, like enamel pins.
- And, not for nothing, FCC gear is also discounted at Dick's Sporting Goods.
- In stores, Cincy Shirts is doing 25 percent-off FCC gear with random, pop-up FCC deals online. Cincy Shirts has a couple of storefront locations: 1301 Main St., Over-the-Rhine; 2709 Observatory Ave., Hyde Park; 295 W. Loveland Ave., Loveland, cincyshirts.com.
Whether you're looking to rep in The Bailey or just showing your FCC pride at the bar, everyone likes a sale.