Interim Director of the Ohio Department of Health Lance Himes has signed a third amended Dine Safe Ohio Order, which now allows self-service food stations to reopen.
Basically, that means you can get yourself a gas station hot dog or grab your own donut. (Big news for Speedway hot dog fans.)
However, you still cannot serve yourself at a salad bar or buffet. According to the order, that must be done by a restaurant staff member — if the buffet/salad bar is open at all.
Some other safety precautions still in place:
- Six-foot social distancing in line for any restaurants, bars, banquets and catering facilities and between tables, unless another barrier is in use.
- Tables/parties must be limited to 10 people or less.
- Customers must be seated when eating or drinking/to eat or drink.
- Facial coverings are required for staff members and the public unless mask removal is permitted in certain circumstances (like if you are literally sticking food in your mouth or you'll catch on fire if you wear one while operating a grill).
- Access to hand sanitizer or other cleansing and sanitizing methods is a must.
Read the full order at coronavirus.ohio.gov.