At noon on Sunday, Sept. 14, chefs from across Cincinnati and North America will head to Salazar in Over-the-Rhine (1401 Republic St.) to cook a multi-course charity meal to benefit Saving Sayler Park, which works to provide take-home food and toiletries for food-insecure students at Sayler Park Elementary.
- David Posey, Blackbird, Chicago
- Ned Elliot, Foreign & Domestic, Austin, Texas
- Kevin Sousa, Superior Motors, Braddock, Pa. (who just broke the Kickstarter record for restaurant fundraising to open a new community-driven restaurant)
- Jose Salazar, Salazar, Cincinnati
- Joel Molloy, Nicola's, Cincinnati
- Ryan Santos, Please, Cincinnati
- Brian Neumann, Salazar, Cincinnati
Many of the visiting chefs will be in town for the inaugural Cincinnati Food + Wine Classic, a multi-day food and wine event featuring demos, tastings and top chefs.