Festive fun for skeptics, believers, kids and pets.
- For the kids, take part in the World's Largest Nerf Battle on Saturday at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds in an attempt to set a Guinness World Record on Saturday. Bring your Nerf Blaster, Nerf darts and protective eyewear. There's also a Kids Fall Fest at Washington Park on Sunday, with food, magic tricks, stilt walkers and a screening of Casper. And Batfest at the Cincy Museum Center Saturday celebrates the winged wonder.
- For furry friends, participate in the MainStrasse Village Pawrade on Sunday. The costume theme is "cartoon characters." Free to attend; $5 costume contest entry fee.
- Interested in learning more about the paranormal? And seeing if it's normal? Talk to local psychic medium Victor Parauta on Thursday at Baker Hunt in Covington.
- For adults, there's a one-night only screening of The Shining at the Esquire Theatre in Clifton. Plus incredibly moving opera performed by the Cincinnati Chamber Opera: The Theresienstadt Opera Project. Cincinnati Chamber Opera presents two works performed in Theresienstadt, a Nazi concentration camp outside of Prague where Jewish artists, musicians and writers were interred until they were shipped to death camps.
- If you're looking for comedy, both Tig Notaro and Aziz Ansari are in the area this weekend.
- And in what will likely be a sold-out appearance, Orange is the New Black star and transgender rights activist Laverne Cox is speaking at Northern Kentucky University Tuesday as part of their LGBTQ History Month events.
For more things to do, click here.