For some fun, Friday inspiration, CityBeat will be sharing cocktail recipes with our readers every week.
According to a report from Google, Ohioans have been searching in record numbers for how to make syringe Jell-O shots ahead of the Halloween season. And what kind of paper would we be not to give the people what they want?
Technically Ohioans specifically want "layered syringe Jell-O shots." To create colored layers in your Jell-O — for example, if you wanted to make yellow, orange and white candy corn shots — all you need to do is let each layer of gelatin fully set and cool in the fridge before adding the next layer.
Or, don't even try to get that fancy and just stick to red Jell-O so it looks like a shot of blood. Spooky.
We found the perfect recipe from Bulk Syringes, where you can get needles for your insulin or buy some shot-ingesting devices.
- 3 oz. package of Jello gelatin or powder
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1/2 cup of any type of liquor
- A large mixing bowl
- A whisk or a spoon
- Boil the water.
- Empty the Jell-O into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cup of boiling water into the large mixing bowl.
- Continue stirring for approximately two minutes or until the Jell-O is completely dissolved.
- Add the 1/2 cup of cold water into the bowl.
- Next, add 1/2 cup of your liquor.
- Stir until everything is dissolved.
- Suck the mixture into the syringe, three-fourths of the way full.
- Cool in the fridge until set and enjoy!
Sign up for our weekly newsletters to get the latest on the news, things to do and places to eat delivered right to your inbox.