National Bourbon Day is June 14 and there's no better place to be to celebrate than in Kentucky, home of the coveted spirit.
Locally, The B-Line — an extension of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour — and tourism organization meetNKY are combining to offer special spirits, drink deals and events at participating locations.
"National Bourbon Day was created to recognize the high standards put in place for distilling bourbon and to celebrate ‘America’s Native Spirit’,” said meetNKY President and CEO Julie Kirkpatrick in a release. “We hope people across the Tri-State will join us in lifting a glass (or two) to celebrate the many great bars, restaurants and distilleries that make The B-Line a global destination.”
The B-Line's self-guided bourbon trail features eight bars, six restaurants and five craft distilleries ranging from Covington and Newport to Augusta and Sparta, with local stops at New Riff Distilling, Coppin's at Hotel Covington and Smoke Justis, among others.
National Bourbon Day specials include, per The B-Line:
- Smoke Justis: A bourbon-influenced lunch menu, $5 Old Fashions, a bottle shop blowout and sale on their Bourbon Club Membership, and a Women’s Bourbon Social from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Coppin’s at the Hotel Covington: $20 flights with three, 1 oz. pours of Horse Soldier, Pinhook, New Riff, Wilderness Trail and Three Chord whiskeys, while supplies last.
- The Purple Poulet: A $58, Cajun surf-n-turf special with a 14 oz. blackened ribeye with shrimp and crawfish in a bourbon cream sauce over buttermilk-bacon mashed potatoes. Accompanying dinner will be a southern buttermilk biscuit with bourbon-peach jam and the establishment’s signature blackberry old fashioned featuring New Riff spirits.
- The Globe: $8 New Riff Distilling and Boone County Distilling cocktails or drinks.
- Bourbon Haus 1841: $5 Evan Sour or Evan Williams 1783 Bourbon Pour special from 3 p.m. to midnight. They’ll also raffle off bourbon swag and Evan Williams 1783 throughout the night.
- Boone County Distilling: Limited B-Line Barrel Pick, available in limited quantities at the distillery and at select locations across The B-Line.