The Apartment Guide blog — a blog for people hunting for apartments — has made a list of the top 10 nightlife cities in America and, surprisingly, Cincinnati is No. 2 on that list. And, also surprisingly, New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas are nowhere to be found.
The site ranked their top 10 based on "the ratio of bars, clubs, breweries and music venues to the population." And Cincinnati has at least one nightlife-related business for every 1,196 people.
The site also said, "More than double the size of its sister city in the number three spot, Cincinnati is no newbie to the craft beer craze sweeping the nation. Breweries have been a mainstay here since the mid-1800s, so you can imagine Cincy knows a little something about nightlife."
The rest of the top 10 included:
- Orlando, Florida at No. 10
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida at No. 9
- Portland, Oregon at No. 8
- New Orleans, Louisiana at No. 7
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at No. 6
- Cleveland, Ohio at No. 5
- Green Bay, Wisconsin at No. 4
- Dayton, Ohio at No. 3
- and Saint Louis, Missouri at No. 1
So, drink up.