Arnold’s Bar & Grill isn’t afraid to get smelly with their food: Introducing the Cincinnati Garlic Festival 2019.
On Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1, Cincinnatians can consume all the garlic they want via an assortment of specially prepared local food and beer at the downtown bar:
- Listermann, Fifty West and Rhinegeist will bring their very own garlic beers
- Madisono’s Gelato & Sorbetto will have garlic gelato
- Wunderbar! will have garlic pretzels
- La Soupe will be providing garlic soup
- Sixteen Bricks will have garlic breads
- Avril-Bleh butchers will provide assorted garlic sausages and meats
- and Arnold's will have a slew of garlic cocktails, appetizers, entrées and desserts from chef Kayla Robison
In 1998, Jim Tarbell hosted the original Cincinnati Garlic Festival in the Grammer’s parking lot in Over-the-Rhine, with restaurants, printed T-shirts and a garlic bulb mascot.
Arnold’s got Tarbell's blessing and reinvented the Queen City tradition, and design firm We Have Become Vikings created the logo and modernized the mascot. Limited edition Cincinnati Garlic Fest T-shirts and hand-numbered screen prints will be available to purchase at the event.
In addition to food, there will be live music from Root Cellar Xtract 8-11:30 p.m. Friday and The Cincinnati Dancing Pigs 8-11:30 p.m. Saturday,
5-11 p.m. May 31; all day June 1. Free admission. Arnold’s Bar & Grill, 210 E. Eighth St., Downtown. More info: facebook.com/arnoldsbar.