Findlay Market — one of the top 10 markets in the world (according to Newsweek; we would have to agree) — is turning the space into a progressive dinner party from 6:30-9 p.m. Sept. 12.
The Flavor of Findlay is an annual fundraiser that brings together market merchants with local chefs and bartenders to create collaborative tasting stations. This year, there will be 12 stations, each featuring unique food plus a wine pairing from Market Wines.
Station pair-ups include:
- Jean-Robert de Cavel of French Crust Cafe + Mike Luken of Luken's Poultry, Fish & Seafood
- Christian Gill of Boomtown Biscuits & Whiskey + Stephanie Webster of The Rhined
- Stephen Williams of Bouquet Restaurant and Wine Bar + Frank and Lauren Stier of Madison's at Findlay Market
- Caitlin Steininger of Cooking with Caitlin + Melissa Engelhart of Em's Sourdough Bread
- Josh Campbell of Django Western Taco + Debbie Gannaway of Gramma Debbie's Kitchen
- Elias Leisring of Eli's BBQ + Isis Arrieta-Dennis of The Arepa Place
- Taylor Barnes of Harvest + Tom Hunter of Turner Farm
- Hideki Harada of Kiki College Hill + Sarah Dworak of Babushka Pierogies
- Suzy DeYoung of La Soupe + Duy Nguyen of Pho Lang Thang
- Julie Francis of Nectar Personal Chef Services + Kate Zaidan of Dean's Mediterranean Imports
- Brad Bernstein of Red Feather + Nick and Evie Semertzides of Kofinas Olive Oil
- Patrick Karousis of Social OTR + Paul Picton of Maverick Chocolate Co.
- Jean-Francois Flechet of Taste of Belgium + Richard Stewart of Carriage House Farm
In addition to the wine pairings and tasting stations, there will also be a special event cocktail from Molly Wellmann, a silent auction and a DJ.
Tickets are $75 general admission and $125 VIP. VIP access includes three additional tasting stations from Findlay Kitchen entrepreneurs, indoor seating, drinks from Karrikin Spirits and "other surprises and treats."
Proceeds benefits the Corporation for Findlay Market's entrepreneurship programs, local food initiatives and beautification at the market.
6:30-9 p.m. Sept. 12. Findlay Market is located at 1801 Race St., Over-the-Rhine.