Another day, another COVID-19 concert cancellation.
Classic Rock radio staple The Doobie Brothers has canceled its upcoming Cincinnati stop due to a crew member contracting COVID-19, a release says. The Sept. 18 Cincinnati show is one of four concerts that the band is skipping.
The release says that the Doobies will reschedule the missed dates and will share information soon.
This isn't the first time Cincinnati has missed out on the Doobie Brothers. In 2020, the band canceled the Queen City date — and others — of the Doobies' 50th anniversary tour because of the surging coronavirus pandemic at the time. Plus ça change...
The Doobies' current tour — sans Cincinnati — reunites keyboardist Michael McDonald, guitarists Tom Johnston and Patrick Simmons (the only lifelong member of the Doobs) and multi-instrumentalist John McFee for the first time in 25 years. The group originally announced the tour back in 2019.
The band was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame last year.
A number of musical acts have either canceled concerts due to COVID-19 or have implemented mandatory vaccination, masking or COVID-test requirements. Neko Case was Cincinnati's most recent cancellation, skipping her Sept. 3 concert here because a crew member had tested positive for COVID.
Sign up for our weekly newsletters to get the latest on the news, things to do and places to eat delivered right to your inbox.