In a press conference today it was announced that Metallica has teamed up with promoter Danny Wimmer Presents to headline five of DWP's Hard Rock fests next year, including Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival in Columbus and Louder Than Life in Louisville.
The band will play two different sets at each festival.
Tickets are slated to go on sale at noon on Monday, Oct. 14.
Here's the full list of Danny Wimmer Presents fests Metallica will be headlining next year.
- Epicenter (May 1-3) at its new location at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC
- Welcome To Rockville (May 8-10) at its new location at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL
- Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival (May 15-17) at MAPFRE Stadium in Columbus, OH
- Louder Than Life (September 18-20) at Highland Festival Grounds at KY Expo Center in Louisville, KY
- Aftershock (October 9-11) at Discovery Park in Sacramento, CA
At a press conference today announcing the partnership, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich recalled getting to know Wimmer when they played the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus in 2017. That was the year that Soundgarden was slated to also headline, but singer Chris Cornell died by suicide the day before the fest. Ulrich says it was an emotional experience and that they bonded with Wimmer and the DWP team.
"We like friends and we like partners… people who have the same worldview we do are people we want to do stuff with," Ulrich said of teaming up with Wimmer and Co. "It's one of those no-brainer (things)… like, 'Duh.' "