Many clients I've worked with struggle with issues of self worth, self esteem and self motivation. Perhaps they received a message, consciously or subconsciously, that they were "less than" in some area, untalented or undeserving. Fears of failure (or even success), humiliation or change paralyze them.
Understanding of the way we cling to outdated and even false beliefs about ourselves subconsciously, even though we might want to move forward consciously, can be extremely valuable and enlightening. We must discover where these false beliefs originated, release them and replace them with positive self-talk. If it's a contest between a subconscious belief and will power, the subconscious always wins. To be successful in your goals, it's crucial to align these, otherwise the negative subconscious belief will sabotage your efforts.
Here are some other suggestions that might be helpful in getting you started:
· Pay attention to your thoughts. Whenever you catch yourself in negative self-talk, stop and replace it with a positive phrase.
· Make a list of all of your accomplishments, no matter how small. Seeing these on paper can give you a better picture of what you're capable of.
· Learn from past mistakes, then let go of them. They have no bearing on the present unless you repeat them.
· There's no shame in trying something that doesn't work out the way you'd hoped. The only real failure is the failure to try.
· Journaling your thoughts, hypnotherapy and meditation are helpful in discovering the root causes.
· Believe in yourself. You have all of the answers within you.