Cincinnati CityBeat is a Euclid Media Group company. EMG is a progressive media, marketing and events company that connects local businesses with influential, culturally engaged audiences through world-class events, marketing services and fiercely independent editorial content.
We grow businesses by building meaningful relationships between them and our community, while creating unique and memorable experiences in the cities we serve.
At EMG, our team is made of people who embody our core values: passion; adaptability; a tenacious work ethic; humor; and progressiveness.
Does this sound like you?
Cincinnati CityBeat is seeking an energetic, creative and organized Marketing & Event Director to overseeing and execute all aspects of all of our events, including marketing plans, sponsorship sales, and event planning and execution.
We produce, from start to finish, every aspect of our annual events, and help produce others for our clients. This position will keep you very busy, but if you love this culture like we do, you will love this job! The most technical requirements, responsibilities, skills and traits needed are listed below.
Marketing & Events Director
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Type: Full-Time
- Manage, create, and execute a portfolio of events, new and established
- Oversee production of event collateral, advertising, marketing, etc. in conjunction with the publisher, marketing and design personnel
- Develop and implement detailed plans and schedules for event and promotion
- Manage event logistic timeline, run of show, and teardown of each event
- Identify and secure bids and contracts from/with event vendors
- Select venues for events and ensure they are safe and inviting and speak to the theme of the event and personality of the target audience
- Procure all necessary permits, insurance, and sanctions – including tax related documents when needed
- Drive sponsorship and vendor sales and oversee event sponsorships and third-party sponsorships, assisting sales team in the development and sales of sponsorship proposals
- Oversee and procure paid vendors and participants for events and establish strong positive relationships that foster repeat business
- Manage themed weeks (Cincinnati Burger Week, Restaurant Week etc.) execution and marketing including website, social media, menus and associated deliverables.
- Lead search and selection of non-profit organizations who will be beneficiaries of portion of event proceeds
- Solicit and utilize feedback from event and promotion participants, coordinators, and other individuals involved to modify future events and promotions
- Work closely publisher to develop, implement, and manage ticket and marketing strategies to maximize attendance and revenue.
- Hire & oversee event and marketing interns and staff
- Oversee event revenue and expense budget, ensure that we make our budgets
- Monitor, review, and report on all event plans, projects and results
- Maintain database and working knowledge of, as well as attend, other existing events for purposes of prospecting, scheduling, planning and competitive analysis
- Develop, maintain and grow strategic partnerships and sponsorships with local, regional, and national businesses, governments, press, charities and civic organizations
- Demonstrated success in facilitating marketing and promotional campaigns
- Have existing relationships with event vendors and venues
- Minimum 5 years marketing and/or events experience
- Proficiency with and passion for social media
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently tell marketing stories
- Intense time management and able to multi-task effectively
- Creative problem solver that can quickly pinpoint client needs
- Familiar with Cincinnati CityBeat and our products
PERKS & CULTURE:
We ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, two weeks of paid vacation, sick days, health and dental benefits and a 401k retirement plan, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Events & Entertainment: Our employees are privy to tickets to dozens of events and festivals happening around the city. You’ll have the opportunity to attend some of the most unique and engaging concerts, dining events, fests and more, on us.
- Culture & Atmosphere: We work hard and play hard. Our team is made up of passionate and creative people who believe in what we do. Cincinnati CityBeat offers a casual, yet fast-paced work environment where you have the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference in the community in a nontraditional and non-corporate space.
ABOUT EUCLID MEDIA GROUP
Euclid Media Group, LLC is the parent company to media properties in eight US markets including San Antonio, Orlando, Tampa, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Louisville, St. Louis, and Detroit. Collectively, EMG reaches 4+ million monthly website visitors, 1.2+ million social media followers and has existing relationships with thousands of local SMBs. We also publish well-established magazines in each market and produce more than 50 cultural events and festivals annually.
- Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- No resume will be considered without a cover letter