UPDATE: The Roebling Bridge has reopened.
The Roebling Bridge will reopen to passenger cars/non-truck traffic by 8PM. The 11-ton weight limit is being enforced by police. Heavier vehicles may use the routes below. Let’s protect the historic Roebling while we work to reopen the Brent Spence #BSBUpdates https://t.co/UDRgg1onZE pic.twitter.com/E0DG2v8cGL— KYTC District 6 (@KYTCDistrict6) November 13, 2020
Wondering how the hell you're going to get into Northern Kentucky (or into Ohio) with two of our main bridges closed?
First off, there's always the Anderson Ferry.
Second, the Ohio Department of Transportation and Kentucky Transportation Cabinet have concocted a list of current road closures and detours to help drivers navigate this upheaval resulting from the fiery crash that has left the Brent Spence closed for an indeterminate amount of time — and the Robeling Bridge closed because semi trucks seeking alternate routes refused to comply with weight limits.
So. Here's their current list:
- I-75/71 northbound traffic from Kentucky is being detoured at I-275 west to I-75 north and I-275 east to I-471 north and I-71 north.
- I-71 southbound traffic is being detoured to I-471 south and I-275 south.
- I-75 southbound is being detoured to I-275 west.
- Detours onto I-471, I-71, I-74 and I-275 and U.S. 50 should expect heavier than normal traffic.
- Local traffic can use the I-471 Daniel Carter Beard Bridge southbound into Northern Kentucky as well as the Fourth Street Veterans Bridge (KY 8), the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge (U.S. 25), and the Taylor Southgate Bridge (U.S. 27).
And ramp closures:
- I-75 southbound right twi lanes closed at Seventh Street with traffic diverted to Fort Washington Way to I-471 south.
- On-ramp from I-71 south/U.S. 50 west/Fort Washington Way to I-75 south/bridge closed.
- Ramp from U.S. 50 east/Sixth Street Expressway to I-75 south closed.
- Eighth Street on-ramp to I-75 south closed.
- Third Street on-ramp to I-75 south closed.
- Western Avenue/Ezzard Charles Drive to I-75 south closed.
- I-71 southbound open through Fort Washington Way to I-75 north and U.S. 50 west.
For real-time bridge updates and any other closures or detours, you can follow:
- The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet's Brent Spence Bridge Update page
- OHGO Cincinnati, which has real-time traffic info
- The Ohio Department of Transportation, Cincinnati, on Twitter and Facebook
- And the local Kentucky Transportation Cabinet branch on Twitter and Facebook