Poll worker roles in Hamilton County include Precinct Election Officials, Voting Location Manager and Voting Location Deputy. Responsibilities between these roles can vary, but all are paid between $181 to $218.
Requirements to be a poll worker include:
- Be a registered and active voter in Hamilton County
- Be a United States citizen
- Be able to speak, read and write fluently in the English language
- Be comfortable using electronic technology
- Not be a candidate for any office to be voted on at the polling place at that election
- Not be a convicted felon
Click here to get started on your poll worker application.
Voter ID LawsThe news release emphasized the fact that this will be the first county-wide election under the state's new voter ID laws, which require voters to present a valid form of ID to vote.
- Ohio driver's license
- State of Ohio ID card
- Interim ID form issued by the Ohio BMV
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- U.S. military ID card
- Ohio National Guard ID card
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs ID card
- An expiration date that has not passed
- A photograph of the voter
- The voter’s name, which must substantially conform to the voter’s name as it appears in the poll list or in the poll book.