Multiple COVID-19 testing sites are now available in Northern Kentucky, including a new drive-thru coronavirus testing site in Erlanger operated by St. Elizabeth Healthcare.
“To open Kentucky safely, we need testing. Right now, we have the capacity to do 30,000 tests weekly. A big part of being healthy at work is being able to be tested,” Gov. Beshear said in a press release.
Some testing sites are offering free testing, while other testing can be covered by insurance. Some testing requires you to have a doctor's order or to qualify via an online portal, other testing does not. You should call ahead to schedule an appointment or get other details before just showing up to any testing site.
According to the Northern Kentucky Health Department, here are the current testing sites open in the area:
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare Drive-Thru (Atlantic Corporate Center, 25 Atlantic Ave., Erlanger) — This is St. Elizabeth Healthcare's drive-thru testing site, which will operate from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily Monday, May 11 through Friday, May 15. Testing is free and by appointment. Call the St. Elizabeth hotline at 1-800-737-7900 for more information about testing guidelines and to schedule a test.
- Bluegrass Urgent Care (3699 Alexandria Pike, Cold Spring; 625 Chestnut Drive, Walton; 2025 Declaration Ave., Independence) — Cold Spring is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday; call 859-431-7900 for a testing appointment. Independence is open 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-7p.m. Saturday and Sunday; call 859-371-7900 for an appointment. The Walton location is open daily; call 859-485-7900 for an appointment.
- Care First Urgent Care (7683 Mall Road, Florence) — Open 8 a.m.-8 p.m. daily. Care First offers both COVID-19 Antibody Testing (for past and present infections) via a partnership with Quest Diagnostic, as well as nasopharyngeal swab testing to diagnose a current infection.
- The Christ Hospital Urgent Care Center (1955 Dixie Highway, Fort Wright) — Open 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily by appointment.
- Florence Urgent Care (8820 Bankers St., Florence) — Offers testing in a tent outside of their building between 2 and 4 p.m. daily. Call 859-647-9101 or register on the patient portal.
- HealthPoint Family Care (1401 Madison Ave., Covington; 7607 Dixie Highway, Florence) — Drive-up COVID-19 testing is available at the Covington location by calling 859-655-6100 to pre-register; limited slots are available. That location also offers walk-in or call-ahead COVID-19 testing 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Call the Florence location for more information at 859-655-6100 about their testing.
- St. Elizabeth Urgent Care (405 Violet Road, Crittenden; 8726 U.S. Highway 42, Florence; 1400 Grand Ave., Forth Thomas) and St. Elizabeth Respiratory Clinic (4900 Houston Road, Florence; 85 N. Grand Ave., Fort Thomas) — Call the St. Elizabeth hotline at 1-800-737-7900 for more information about testing guidelines and to schedule a test.
“Anyone who feels they are in need of a COVID-19 test should contact their heath care provider, who can provide guidance and further instructions, which may include orders for testing," said Dr. Lynne Saddler, district director of health for NKY Health.
You can find more COVID-19 testing sites at govstatus.egov.com/kycovid19, including additional hours and details for each testing site and whether or not you need an appointment.
As of Saturday, May 9, there was a total of 716 total cases in Northern Kentucky and 42 deaths. If you test positive for COVID-19, NKY Health will contact you and ask questions to do some contact tracing.