Billed as “one of the largest queer & trans youth marches in history,” the March for Queer and Trans Youth Autonomy will take place in all 50 states on March 31, including in seven different Ohio cities.
- Codify Title IX to include sexuality, gender identity and gender expression
- An end to outing and ask for teachers, parents and peers to maintain confidentiality in regard to others’ gender, sexuality and other aspects of our identities
- Ban all forms of conversion therapy on people of all ages nationwide
- An end to all state-sponsored misinformation on transitioning and gender-affirming health care
- Allow transgender athletes to participate on the sports team that corresponds with their identity, and provide middle and high schools with state funding for co-ed sports teams
- Cincinnati: 5:30 p.m., Rally at Hoffner Park (4101 Hamilton Ave.) followed by march
- Cleveland Heights: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Rally at Cleveland Heights Community Center (1 Monticello Blvd.)
- Cleveland: 4 p.m., March from Willard Park (Free Stamp) to City Hall
- Columbus: 5 p.m., March at Goodale Park
- Dayton: 4 p.m.-6 p.m., March from Lily’s Dayton (329 E. Fifth St.) to Courthouse Square (23 N. Main St.)
- Lakewood: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., March at Lakewood Park (14532 Lake Ave.)
- Madison: 3:30 p.m. – 7 p.m., Madison Village Square Park
Coming soon: CityBeat Daily newsletter. We’ll send you a handful of interesting Cincinnati stories every morning. Subscribe now to not miss a thing.
Follow us: Google News | NewsBreak | Reddit | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter