The following is a sample of Tristate doctors and clinics offering laser eye surgery:
· Dr. David Schneider, Midwest Eye Center, 119 W. Kemper Road. Schneider has performed more than 10,000 Lasik operations and charges $1,795 for one eye or $2,995 for both, including one follow up procedure.
· Dr. Vince Marino, LCA Vision, 7840 Montgomery Road. Marino performs only Lasik operations — 800 to 900 each month, and a total of more than 5,000. LCA charges from $995 to $1,495 per eye, depending on lens prescription and the level of service.
· Dr. Adam Kaufman, an associate of the Cincinnati Eye Institute and the University of Cincinnati with his own office at the University Medical Arts Building, 222 Piedmont Ave. He spends about 20 percent of his time performing Lasik operations and the rest devoted to cornea transplants and cataract operations. Kaufman charges from $2,890 to $3,690 for both eyes, depending on the patient's prescription, which includes one year of follow up.
· Tri-State Eye Care, where five of its 24 doctors perform Lasik operations, all at its Kenwood office. The number of total operations wasn't available, but the five doctors perform 50 to 100 Lasik operations each month, each costing $2,995 for both eyes including one year of follow up.
· Lasik Vision, 8044 Montgomery Road, has two surgeons who perform up to 40 Lasik operations each day and have performed more than 5,000 together. They charge $1,998 for both eyes, including a follow up procedure, with no extra costs.
· Eye Care Associates of Greater Cincinnati has seven doctors, five of whom perform Lasik operations. Two of the surgeons have been doing them for a few years, and the rest began about a year ago. They charge $2,995 for both eyes.