This Week in Questionable Decisions…
1. On her Fox News show, Laura Ingraham described the border detention centers as “essentially summer camps.”
2. One of the Bachelorette contestants is a convicted sex offender and flat-earther who reportedly poops on toilet paper-lined floors instead of the toilet.
3. A 2016 song called “American Pharaoh” by NYC rapper Jase Harley has resurfaced and it sure sounds a lot like inspiration for Childish Gambino’s “This Is America,” despite Harley getting zero credit or shout-out.
4. Melania Trump wore a Zara jacket that read, “I REALLY DON’T CARE DO U?” on the back on her way to visit children in Texas migrant detention centers. Look, I think it’s sexist and dumb to criticize a First Lady’s fashion choices, but this felt like some real “Let them eat cake” shit.
5. MTV announced it’s rebooting a bunch of its once popular shows, including Daria. Daria Morgendorffer was my angsty teen queen back in the day, but I’m not so sure about a revision of the classic. It will follow Daria and Jodie (not Jane?!) tackling issues of today.
6. United Airlines announced this week it is discontinuing stroopwafels, the fancy caramel cookie from the Netherlands that made you feel like you were on a luxe international flight even if you were just traveling to Phoenix. People are pissed.
7. Perma-wine-mouthed Johnny Depp was profiled by Rolling Stone and let’s just say the story did not unfurl as the actor and his PR folks would have liked. The dark interview touches on Depp’s insane financial problems, his alternative ideas on how we could have caught Osama bin Laden and how he misses Quaaludes. Same.
8. I watched the Westworld finale and now I’m not sure if I am human or in a dream or if my head is full of those Chinese meditation balls.