Cincinnati-spawned grilled cheese chain Tom & Chee was purchased by Gold Star's parent company in 2017, so it only makes sense that the brand would eventually add some chili to its menu.
New, and only at the Anderson Township location, Tom & Chee has unveiled an "&Crafted" restaurant design — they added sandwich ovens and other updates — which allows them to roll out unique menu items. (This new design will be applied to other forthcoming restaurant locations in Pittsburgh, New York, et al.)
But who really cares about the sandwich oven? Let's talk chili cheese tots.
The Anderson location is now serving these new dishes:
- Baja Chicken Enchilada Soup — "Zesty Southwestern chicken with diced tomato, corn, zucchini and black beans;"
- Loaded Potato Soup — "A creamy potato base with bacon, onion, ham, sour cream, cheddar and green onion;
- Greek Chee melt (vegetarian, vegan available) — "Mozzarella and feta cheese with vinaigrette-marinated veggies and spinach on hearty white bread;"
- Chicken Asiago Club — "Mozzarella and Asiago cheese with Applewood-smoked bacon, fried chicken, mixed greens and Roma tomatoes on hearty white bread;"
- Mediterranean Salad — "Mixed greens with fresh spinach, feta, Roma tomatoes, cucumbers, banana peppers, Kalamata olives and Balsamic vinaigrette, with the option to add chicken;
- and Chili Cheese Tots — "Cincy-style chili, five cheese blend and chives."
You can also still grab your other Tom & Chee favorites, including grilled cheese donuts.
The Anderson location is at 578 Beechmont Ave. Learn more at tomandchee.com.