The restaurant that fried chicken magnate Colonel Sanders built for his wife Claudia, plus the home they lived in for over 25 years, are for sale for an undisclosed amount. The likeness and trademark of Claudia Sanders name are being sold along with the estate.
The over 3-acre property included the residential home named Backwood Hall that belonged to Colonel and Claudia Sanders from 1959 to 1984. Originally built in 1866, Backwood Hall is full of hidden treasures and memorabilia from the Colonel, including a letter from former President Nixon to Sanders, Colonel Sanders original Kentucky Colonel certificate plus items like wristwatches and money clips. These items are included with the sale of the estate.
"The restaurant has only been owned by the Sanders and their close friends, the Settles. The Settles are now committed to finding the next caretaker of this historic brand that will not only fight to maintain its legacy, employees, and staple dishes here in this community, but potentially expand the Claudia Sanders brand nationwide,” says Morgan Hancock, another family representative and listing agent.
Claudia Sanders Dinner House first opened its doors in 1959 and was used as the first Kentucky Fried Chicken headquarters. The 25,000 square foot space— which includes multiple dining rooms, a commercial kitchen and a gift shop— could be yours.
This space is located at 3200-3202 Shelbyville Road, Shelbyville Ky. For more information reach out to listing agents Morgan Brooke Hancock
and Jonathan D. Klunk
with Six Degrees Real Estate. Find the original listing here