Dolly’s Multiple locations Following Frisch’s Big Boy’s dramatic spate of closures in late 2024, Big Boy Restaurant Group, based in Michigan, reopened several of the restaurants under new branding: Dolly’s. The concept, which also sparked a lawsuit from the new owners of Frisch’s, is similar to the classic Big Boy we all know, including a selection of burgers and sandwiches, salad bar, breakfast dishes and milkshakes. So far, you can find Dolly’s in Delhi, Blue Ash, Colerain, Anderson Township and Miamisburg. Photo: facebook.com/Dolly's Burgers and Shakes

Big Boy Restaurant Group will reopen two Greater Cincinnati Frisch’s restaurants this week under new branding.

Dolly’s Burgers and Shakes, the working name of the restaurant, opened in the former Blue Ash Frisch’s location at 9070 Plainfield Road Monday, giving away free Signature Burgers to the first 50 drive-thru guests starting at 11 a.m. The first 150 dine-in or carryout guests were also treated to Signature Burgers starting at 2 p.m. There’s also the chance to win prizes, like Kings Island season passes and Reds tickets.

If you missed out on the chance for a free burger, don’t worry; the second Dolly’s location will open at the former Anderson Township Frisch’s at 7706 Beechmont Ave. on Tuesday. Daily operations at both locations will run from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

As for what’s on the menu, Big Boy Restaurant Group CEO Tamer Afr says that will look similar to other Big Boy restaurants.

“Dolly’s will serve up all of the familiar flavors its parent company is known for when the restaurant chain opens its doors and drive-through windows to guests in Blue Ash and Anderson Township,” Afr said in a press release.

Dolly’s signage, uniforms and branding are still in production, says Afr. The push to open the restaurants comes in the midst of a lawsuit between Big Boy and Frisch’s.

Last year, dozens of Frisch’s restaurants were shuttered in an eviction battle with their landlord, NNN Reit. Nine Frisch’s restaurants currently remain open. The restaurant chain filed a lawsuit against Big Boy in February after Big Boy listed 30 job openings in the Greater Cincinnati area, with “New Frisch’s” saying Big Boy is infringing on its trademark territory.

Related

“These may not be ideal conditions for debuting a restaurant in a new market, but we’re making the best of the situation,” Afr said. “Our more than 60 newly hired employees are champing at the bit to get to work and serve up quality food for a fan base that’s been craving a return to form for years.”

In addition to its regular menu, Dolly’s will offer a breakfast bar from 7-11 a.m. during the week and 8-10 a.m. on weekends. There will also be a seafood buffet on Fridays from 4-9 p.m. through Easter.

Learn more about Dolly’s on their Facebook page.

Related Stories

Katherine Barrier is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati’s journalism program and has nearly 10 years of experience reporting local and national news as a digital journalist. At CityBeat, she...