One of Over-the-Rhine’s most prominent restaurants will close at the end of the month before reopening in the fall as an entirely new concept.
Five Kitchen & Bar, the modern American gastropub from Crown Republic Group, will close its doors for good on May 31. The restaurant taking its place will be inspired by the travels of co-owners Haley and Anthony Sitek.
The current team at Five, who were informed of the closure earlier this month, will be temporarily moved to Crown’s other restaurants and will return once the new concept launches.
“Part of the heartbeat of CRG is innovation,” Anthony Sitek said in a press release. “We are always looking for new and different ways to elevate our offerings, and this sophisticated restaurant will do just that. While the name and details remain under wraps, we know the city will be excited and intrigued by what will become the hotspot on Vine St… We invite you to order your favorite drink and meal one last time before May 31.”
The Siteks emphasized that this is not the end for the space or for their participation in the neighborhood; currently, they operate the popular steakhouse Losanti in OTR and the restaurants Crown Republic Gastropub, Rosie’s Italian, Cantina and Marigold downtown.
“We are continuing to invest in OTR because we want to make our city more vibrant and enjoyable,” Haley Sitek said in the release. “Great hospitality is the cornerstone of CRG, and that’s why we are taking the time to bring an experience unlike any other in the city. We are excited to be on Vine Street and want to encourage people to support the restaurants and businesses here. Stay tuned for what we have in store for Cincinnati!”

