DORA districts — or Designated Outdoor Refreshment Areas — are a fun fact of life in Greater Cincinnati. In these specific spaces, you are able to grab an alcoholic beverage to sip while you stroll. The 85-acre DORA at The Banks is a major player, but Loveland, Bellevue and Milford (among others) also have their very own designated areas where visitors can have an open beer or cocktail, as long as they follow some simple rules:
- Alcoholic beverages must be in specific DORA cups.
- DORA beverages must stay within the boundaries of the district.
- Guests may take their DORA beverages from participating businesses but are not permitted to bring their drink into another business.
- Visitors are subject to open-container laws when outside of the district.
- You must be 21 and up to drink.
Here’s your guide to exploring local DORA districts.