The Clarestone estate (5693 Cleves Warsaw Pike) features a Tudor Revival home built in 1926 sitting on more than three sprawling acres on the edge of Delhi Township. In its nearly 100-year history, it’s only had two owners, and for the first time in over 80 years, it’s back on the market.
Clarestone, just right across the street from the Western Hills Country Club, was designed by Rendigs, Panzer and Martin, the same architects behind the Cincinnati Art Museum, the Schott estate (Pine Meer) in Green Township, the Mt. Echo Park Pavilion in East Price Hill and the YWCA downtown. It was initially built for George Gerard Meiners, who was on the Kroger board of directors, and his wife, Clara. The Meiners put Clarestone on the market in 1941, when it was bought by Cincinnati philanthropist Stuart "Stu" Richey Garrison, who lived there with his wife LaVaughn and daughters, philanthropists Martha Garrison Anness, Priscilla Garrison Haffner, and Sarah Garrison Skidmore. Martha is Clarestone's most recent owner.
Throughout the years, the Garrison family has lovingly maintained Clarestone, which features beautiful architectural details like arched doorways, leaded glass windows, hardwood floors and a fireplace in the living area. The home has five bedrooms, including guest quarters, as well as four bathrooms, and a solarium/garden room that overlooks the private yard.
You can see a full video tour of the home here.
Clarestone is listed for $739,900. For more information, contact Mitchell Ram with Ram Real Estate Group at Coldwell Banker Realty at 513-703-7774. Find the original listing here.