The Carnegie in Covington is hosting the 14th-annual Art of Food celebration on Friday, Feb. 21. And the theme? Family style.
This one-of-a-kind culinary fête combines food, fun and art for an evening of culture and cuisine. This year, six top local chefs are partnering to prepare a unique and "curated" five-course sit-down dinner.
“This year’s Art of Food event will be unlike any that we have hosted in the past,” said Kim Best, executive director of The Carnegie, in a release. “Guests will enjoy an incredibly unique family style-inspired, seated meal presented by a team of esteemed chefs and restaurants, featuring the works of local artists and performers.”
Participating chefs include Scotty Berens of Dead Low Brewery, Doug Faulkner of Dojo Gelato, Tony Ferrari of Fausto, Steve Waddell of Jeff Thomas Catering and Stephen Williams and Mitch Arens (formerly of Coppin's at Hotel Covington) of Y'all Hospitality. Coffee Emporium, wine vendor Cutting Edge Selections and Sixteen Bricks are also participating.
Here's the full menu:
- Course One: Local chestnut soup, pecans, porcini mushroom and celery by chef Tony Ferrari
- Course Two: Chicken sausage meatballs with chili vinegar collard greens, black-eyed peas, heirloom grains, poblano rouille and herb salad by Y'all Hospitality
- Course Three: Eggplant moussaka and tomato bechamel sauce with fig honey lager by chef Scotty Berens
- Course Four: Beef tenderloin with veal and pork meatloaf drizzled with homemade ketchup on collard greens and corn bread by Jeff Thomas Catering
- Course Five: Dojo Gelato gelatowiches
In addition to the meal, guests will be treated to interactive creative works like live painting and dance by more than a dozen visual and performing artists.
According to exhibitions director Matt Distel, "artists and chefs will create a dynamic family-style environment promoting community through the use of interactive visual art, performers, installations and, of course, food.”
The event takes place 6 p.m. with dinner at 7 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 21. Tickets include admission, entertainment, dinner and wine and beer pairings. $125; $240 per couple. The Carnegie, 1028 Scott St., Covington, thecarnegie.com.