Festive fun for skeptics, believers, kids and pets.
- For the kids, take part in the World's Largest Nerf Battle on Saturday at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds in an attempt to set a Guinness World Record on Saturday. Bring your Nerf Blaster, Nerf darts and protective eyewear. There's also a Kids Fall Fest at Washington Park on Sunday, with food, magic tricks, stilt walkers and a screening of Casper. And Batfest at the Cincy Museum Center Saturday celebrates the winged wonder.
- For furry friends, participate in the MainStrasse Village Pawrade on Sunday. The costume theme is "cartoon characters." Free to attend; $5 costume contest entry fee.
- Interested in learning more about the paranormal? And seeing if it's normal? Talk to local psychic medium Victor Parauta on Thursday at Baker Hunt in Covington.
- For adults, there's a one-night only screening of The Shining at the Esquire Theatre in Clifton. Plus incredibly moving opera performed by the Cincinnati Chamber Opera: The Theresienstadt Opera Project. Cincinnati Chamber Opera presents two works performed in Theresienstadt, a Nazi concentration camp outside of Prague where Jewish artists, musicians and writers were interred until they were shipped to death camps.
- If you're looking for comedy, both Tig Notaro and Aziz Ansari are in the area this weekend.
- And in what will likely be a sold-out appearance, Orange is the New Black star and transgender rights activist Laverne Cox is speaking at Northern Kentucky University Tuesday as part of their LGBTQ History Month events.