Nostalgic for July's Cincinnati Burger Week? Turn those memories into new meals during CityBeat's Dayton Burger Week. Hi, Dayton!
Take a 45-minute cruise up to Dayton/Centerville/Beavercreek for $5 specialty burgers from various restaurants through Aug.12. Just like Cincinnati's Burger Week, these are gourmet offerings and off-menu specialties. Get four or more stamps on your official Dayton Burger Week passport, submit it and be entered to win a grill kit, grill swag and gift card from the Ohio Beef Council. Some restaurants are also offering $5 Braxton Brewing Co. beer specials for a cheap beer-and-burger combo.
Here are some menu highlights. Find a full list of burgers and restaurants at daytonburgerweek.com.
- The Mac Daddy from EO Burgers — A prime beef burger stuffed with mac and cheese and topped with grilled onions, bacon, cheddar cheese and EO sauce. Gluten-free bun and take-out available. 4482 Glengarry Drive, Beavercreek.
- The Old Crow Medicine Show, Build Your Own or White Bean Tabbouleh Burger from Mudlick Tap House —
- The Pub Burger from The Pub — A beef burger topped with smoked gouda cheese, roasted garlic aioli and beer-battered pickles, served on a brioche bun with your choice of side. There's a veggie option available and a $5 schooner of Braxton Scottish Ale. 39 Greene Blvd., Beavercreek.
- The Pickle Panic Burger and Veggie Pickle Panic from Dewberry 1850 — For meat-eaters, there's the butter-braised beef Pickle Panic Burger, topped with sweet and spicy pickle jam, oven-roasted tomato and ranch dressing on a potato roll. For veg-heads, the Veggie Pickle Panic features a quinoa-oatmeal-raisin patty with parsnip mayo, lettuce, tomato and sweet and spicy pickle jam on a toasted potato roll. Get a Braxton Twisted Bit Dortmunder for $5. 1414 S. Patterson Blvd., Dayton.
- The Ol' Prospector from Mackenzie River — A half pound of beef packed with nuggets of golden cheddar cheese and smoky bacon, topped with smoked gouda on a brioche bun. 2739 Fairfield Commons, Suite 200, Beavercreek.
- The Brixx Chili Burger from Brixx Ice Co. — Six ounces of angus beef topped with Brixx chili, Monterey jack cheese and jalapeño. Take-out available. 500 E. First St., Dayton.
- The Black + Blue burger from FlipSide —
Find a full list of participating restaurants and event details here.